Thursday, November 16, 2017

I'm going for it!

I decided to enroll with the Northern Mariana College (NMC) fall semester.  Once again I will attempt to induce myself in college learning and acquire the degree that I eluded to obtain for myself over 20 years ago.

Taking advantage of the Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) program I will use my experiences in life to hopefully prove to the Dean of Academic and Programs that I am competent and have surpassed the requirements of certain courses offered at NMC to meet my educational degree in Business Management.

No doubt I have been involved and operated various business models over the years and in different sectors to add. From the perishable fish business to the airline industry, to occupational safety consultation services to construction, to public relations and education to marketing and publishing, to boarding school to the food industry. While the effort made was fruitful, I am determined to complete this one aspect of fulfillment, a piece of paper that says I am a graduate in the filed of Business Management.

This semester, I pulled myself to work on 33 credits. 30 through the PLA as that is the maximum anyone could obtain through the program and another 3 on World Civilization. It has taken a toll on me, but as stated, I am determined.

INSPIRED

My soon to be Doctor is on her way. My wife, Boni inspired me to get that piece of paper. She has proven resilient and focused and seeing this has made me think about myself. Even though I still aspire to open up another business, I am working towards getting this done as it would benefit and show my children that no matter what, their dad can still overcome an array of obstacles.


Then there are my children. Hope is graduating with a Psych Major and Wayannie and Peyton starting off with their freshmen year at college. Tony who went to culinary school and is practicing the trade. Donovan who has been taking classes towards a nursing background and now myself as well. A family full of college students and that too
inspires me.

So here I go, another journey, another responsibility to enhance myself and hopefully continue to motivate myself throughout the remaining year or so to complete it. Several advisors had told me its never too late and the one I like the most is the saying "we understand, life happened!" How true and fitting that is.

Hafa adai taotao Marianas!

No comments:

$7M Shortfall - TP Administration Facing Cuts

Its not rocket-science to know that a government looms with a budget shortfall. It happens with every administration and the Torres-Palaci...