Sunday, January 27, 2019

Are your fishing lures a secret?

I am a sucker for flashy lures set out in the water, however, it’s performance will show me exactly whether they are lures purchased for return on investment. My wife recently purchased a lure I wanted, the Zacatak lures supposedly runs beautifully in the water creating live motion squid action- yet I have not run this out in our Marianas pond since it arrived. I’m curious to see this in action and I can tell you this though, anything shiny with a hook, wahoos will definitely hit.

Gaji lures in my arsenal so far has had my greatest return on investment. These have surely produced and particularly the bubble gum 7” lure has brought in countless numbers of pelagic fish roaming our pond. I’m sure my fellow CNMI fishermen have their preference when it comes to chasing Pelagics as I do mine and for that big game fun, any day out on the pond is surely a treat.

I can’t continue this post without acknowledging Arthur Tuhk of seeUsmile lures as well. His inexpensive lure sets are worth considering as they too bring in the catch I desire. As of today, it’s been about 3 months since “My Boni” and I hit the pond. And with this insurgent of trade winds making its way tonight towards the Mariana Island chain, going out anytime this week may be a challenge due to winds up to 25 knots and waves hitting anywhere from 5’-10’. It isn’t impossible to fish in these conditions, but it will not be as fun battling heavy winds and large waves, hence it isn’t the safest and ideal conditions.

Anyhow, what’s your lure arsenal that deserves a shout out?

No comments:

$7M Shortfall - TP Administration Facing Cuts

Its not rocket-science to know that a government looms with a budget shortfall. It happens with every administration and the Torres-Palaci...