Friday, September 26, 2008

Forever I Am!

If you had read my future wife's recent blog post entitled "Forever: Take Two", this is a recapulation of exactly what went on the night before leading up to the proposal night.  Many friends have asked about how and what was done, so let me try to explain and hopefully you will find it as romantic as it can be despite its simplicity.

Over two months now, I have been speaking with my sisters on staging my proposal.  Having considered and heard a variety of other ideas of proposals and how each friend of mine did theirs, it became clear that I needed to be creative and make this a memorable showcase of love and commitment that will be asked for.

Contemplating on an idea that stuck with me for quite some time, but would have cost me a great deal of money as well that would have involved at least 10 people in the process while another 50 or so individuals to witness.  All these were in my mind and yet I was not sold on the idea as it did not constitute a perfect day that I wanted, that I expected.

The day her ring arrived, I believe I was more excited than she was.  I couldn't help it, I needed her to know I had the ring on my palm as I viewed this stunning, elegantly placed rock that reflected light at every angle possible.  I was amazed by its beauty.

So the evening came and I couldn't sleep.  I had just came back from Japan the day before, cleared my office of the work required of me during the day, took a relaxing evening, but yet I couldn't sleep. I pondered on the thought of when shall I propose, where and how.  Ofcourse, I bought myself some time and told Boni that maybe in 4-5 weeks after I will do that and her faced dropped, but again, that was merely buying planning time...LOL.

That day before bed, I asked for my children to spend an evening with me the next day.  I recieved the approval and all along I was thrilled as I will be spending time with all the children, a family, together as one.  The morning came and all I thought of was seeing my children today. I Got ready and off to work to get my day started.  It hit me! I was going to have all the children together, originally I was planning for a Pizza hut outing, but relaizing the opportunity at hand, I changed plans and switched gears. I called friends for helping me stage my proposal with my family altogether.  Prepared a nice dinner, arranged for a bottle of wine, spoke to the children and asked for their permission on my actions for this evening.  They were all in it, they supported the actions and waited anxiously for my cue. Boni was expressing in her blog about our two children laying on the floor, under the table, atop the table, yup, they were busy and having fun.  It was a difficult moment as I tried to gather all my thoughts, distracted by the noise emminating from the young ones. So I just looked at her and blurted out, "this is my perfect day!  I have the family altogether and I want you to be my wife, will you marry me?" It was then I had the ring in my hand and opened for her to see its beauty, a masterpiece in itself.  Boni was stunned and I believe she really did not hear a word I said, but the vieweing of her engagement ring was enough to captivate her and shut out everything around her for that particular moment. "Yes, Yes"..  she replied and stood up for a kiss and hug.  I am the happiest of all and forever I am.

She calls everyone, it spreads like wildfire, I can see her happiness in her eyes, her lifted spirits of knowing that she does have a second chance to love again and be loved.  I love this woman, I too thought I would never find someone merely for the reasons that I have loved completely in my past.  I was wrong, I love more now than ever.

15 comments:

♥pangigi© said...

congratulations brother. i'm stunned! i'm trying to follow the whole blog thing and slowing getting there. its funny because today i was online and i accidentally made a typo on the google search engine. miraculously, a "because I said so! take two" popped up. I was like, hmm...lets see what we have here...then to my surprise, ur name came up and wallah! a proposal story! lol. what a sign huh? anyway, haven't talk to you forever. miss you and i'm soo happy for you. that's my point.=)

Wayne Pangelinan said...

Thanks sister! I am extremely happy. I know things will be just fine as I build on this life with Boni. She is a fine woman that I truly adore and love.

Paguroidea said...

Wow! Sometimes, when I am at the brink of losing all hope for humanity, I come across a story like yours. It is amazing how things fall into place. Simply beautiful.

Wayne Pangelinan said...

Thank you for that very nice comment. I suppose we all have our way of dealing with emotions and I chose to remain happy and cheerful. Life is really too short...I keep that in mind and I always try to enjoy it.

Bon said...

You wouldn't have lasted 45 weeks and you know it! I love it, it's gorgeous, just like your heart.

Bon said...

4-5 weeks lol. It was a nice evening wasn't it;)

Hee Jae said...

Wayne, you're so sweet. I hope you guys will be happy together forever. Just remember, "Happy spouse, happy house" and "Happy wife, happy life."

Wayne Pangelinan said...

Thanks Hee Jae, The "Happy Spouse, Happy House, Happy Wife, Happy Life", I will adopt that now. I like it a lot!... and for you Boni, it is true, I would not have lasted 4-5 weeks, not possible with me..LOL.

Tamara said...

CONGRATULATIONS WAYNE! LET US KNOW IF YOU NEED A BAND FOR THE WEDDING..ULU AND BROTHER CHRIS ARE GOOD TO GO!!! HE HE HE...

bigsoxfan said...

Sweet, Such a fine comment expessed through your hearts.

plumeria*girl said...

CONGRATS Wayne! You and Boni are super happy!!! There are more happy days ahead for the both of you :)

Wayne Pangelinan said...

wow, this is the first time since my opening of my blog to get this many comments on one post. Hey, I'm getting there. LOL.

On behalf of Boni and I, we thank you for the kind and warm comments expressed on our engagement. I truly feel to be the lucky one, well she says not, I but I do think so.

lynn said...

HOLY COW COUSIN! That is truly a beautiful ring and a very thoughtful way to propose. You're both very lucky to have eachother. I wish you lots of luck and happiness.

~your cuz L.C.

TeacherRache said...

Congrats Mr. Wayne!

Rie Rie said...

I know I'm a little tardy with the congratulatory comment, but CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND BONI both! I am so happy that you have once again found true love! You deserve it.......much love to you both!

$7M Shortfall - TP Administration Facing Cuts

Its not rocket-science to know that a government looms with a budget shortfall. It happens with every administration and the Torres-Palaci...