Sunday, January 4, 2009

The A.L.L. Factor - Starting 2009!

Ok guys, I know Christmas is done and over with, but I would like to share something I've learned NOT TO DO this year in 2009. Another Lesson Learned (A.L.L.)!

Well the story goes, I was contemplating on what gift to get Boni for Christmas. So I studied her needs, her expressive frustrations on what she does not have and would like to have. With doing so, I purchased a coffee maker, I mean hey we guys are practical. S I was extremelu proud of my gift for her as day and day out, she would say "I want coffee" and leave a sad face knowing she would not have it that very moment. I honestly believed I got he perfect gift until some advice comin from a very conservave, but understanding person told me, "Cristmas gifts for a woman, should never be an appliance", shoots, I panicked! I got the wrong gift....Ahhhhhhh!

Once again, I was back on the drawing board. What gift to get? What do you give someone smething that she may not need at the moment, but would want to treasure...Jewelry, feminine beauty products, oh man this was going to be an ordeal for sure.

I did find something fo value both direcly an indirectly, something in which I know she will appreciate and look back knowing it came from me. Just so we guys do not make the mistake I did, plan ahead. Study your woman and be prepared for 2009's Valentine's, their birthdays, Mother's day (if mothers already) and Christmas!

Happy New Year!

11 comments:

Bon said...

I loved my coffee maker Wayne. I love the fact that you went out and looked for something you thought would make me happy. That was the real Christmas present, and you.

bigsoxfan said...

Wouldn't work for me. Erdene is a confirmed tea drinker when she isn't having honey with hot water. I've always found the right present comes from your everyday choices. Doing the odd dish, making her favorite meal for no particular meal. Do those things throughout the year and you can give your wife a tool box for Christmas, perhaps, not a bowling ball with your initials on it, but the perfect companion will cut a huge amount of slack. Just for the record, I bought Erdene a sewing machine appliance while we were on Saipan during a birthday and survived the experience. I'm not sure if I would try a toolbox though, I was speaking in relative terms.

Deece said...

My husband, James, likes to give practical gifts. An appliance is a great gift when it's needed. James bought me a hair drier once and a hand mixer another time. I love them! We bought my mom and sister mini food processors. We gave my sister a bread machine. A friend of mine gave me a curling iron. All totally useful and appreciated.

Big - A sewing machine is awesome! I'm going to see if James will buy me a serger for my next birthday. It's like a super sewing machine...it'll help me make garments. Hmm, I guess I better learn to make garments first. Ha ha!

Wayne Pangelinan said...

Whew..., then truly it is the thought that counts! A sewing machine, hmmmmm. I don't know, is that giving the wrong vibe or is it for the artistic or past time enjoyment?

Deece said...

I think a sewing machine should be given when you know it's already wanted. And I don't know if Boni would want one...but from what she's told me, she knows how to use one.

Wayne Pangelinan said...

Thanks for the heads up! With more eventful romantic dates to arrive this year, she may find a sewn up heart shaped pillow (well hopefully in its shape as I will try and do it myself) followed by the possibility of a machine for her.

We'll definitely see how this will pan out.

Deece said...

OMGosh aren't you sweet!

bigsoxfan said...

If you really become desperate. Buy a sewing machine for yourself and learn how to use it. Maybe at least to the point where you can sew a pillow with her name on it. Nah..Buy a chainsaw and keep the yard clear. No sense messing with strange tools. Just for the record; I can not only recognize a bobbin, but I can put it in place and run the thread to the needle. Having mechanically dis-advantaged sisters can be a big help later in life.

Wayne Pangelinan said...

Oh boy, Bobbin, placement of needle and thread, this is sounding very complicated.

Bush cutter, chainsaw's, yard work, oh yeah... pure satisfaction, but if I am going to try to meet her sensitive side, I might as well try. LOL. Hopefully I will not stitch my finger...

Deece said...

Way to go, Mark!

Oh my gosh, Wayne, don't stitch your finger! Ha ha! I will totally coach in making that pillow, if you like.

Wayne Pangelinan said...

Thanks Deece, I am sure I will have fun with this...I will call upon you when in need.

$7M Shortfall - TP Administration Facing Cuts

Its not rocket-science to know that a government looms with a budget shortfall. It happens with every administration and the Torres-Palaci...