Wednesday, January 25, 2012

2011 had its challenges and successes

Its kinda late when I started to think about how was 2011 for me in general. My optimism gave my highs and depression gave my lows, but I'd say, my ratio of highs vs. lows was probably an 80-20.

Interesting enough, I remember mostly my lows. Hmmm, why is that? is it because it had a great, significant impact on how I felt whether it'd be for a day or carried and lingering for a week or so? Not sure exactly, so I could say 2011 was pretty awesome despite what I can remember.

I guess as a father, I have practiced so much into ensuring I show more love physically towards my wife and children. A time to refresh my memory of how this all transpired puts me right now at a high...

Boni and I went through scream free parenting and marriage encounter in 2010, and practicing what I've learned took some time. Reaping the benefits surely was seen in 2011. I could never imagined that using tools to build my undivided love and attention for my family has made everything all worthwhile and happiness is seen throughout my glow in life as it is today.  I feel an overwhelming feeling of joy, as such that I can relate to is the smell of a new car, its distinct aroma of scented chemicals that inspire a man's ego of accomplishment. A taste of strong coffee in morning where you say to yourself you just need it to make your day great, or that spicy pepper that makes food taste immaculate. It is that feeling of the morning sun as it rises from the horizon knowing a beautiful day is expected and you turn to the family and say let's go out, the beach, around the island, an activity where smiles and laughter give you the pleasantries of knowing you are doing great as a parent, as a father. What more can be expected as 2011 closed its doors for me on a happy note.

My challenges were that of finances.  Well who doesn't have that in their lives. I won't dwell too much on it, as with living and revolving around finance, all you can do is wake each day and pray that what you do counts to making a difference for yourself and for those around you. You see, my intentions to build my family up comes first. Then my extended family is my employees, they too are as important in my life. Sometimes I feel like the godfather, except with no Italian mob accent, maybe I should start practicing and be called the "DON". Nevertheless, each to their own lingers in my mind, but if I can help to steer them and assist in helping them find the fruits of labor in their lives, then that too is an accomplishment, yet finance challenges stick around for the long haul and I must ensure that making and taking the right choices will benefit myself, my family and everyone around me.

Successes is depended on how you feel about the accomplishment whether big or small. I'd say I have had many successes in 2011. But that did not come without support from my wife and others and the love for what I do. I am a person who is motivated by an idea. Never giving up on what I believe is possible drives me to engage into new challenges. I take stride each time I face an idea to see whether I can make this work and whether it be something that will benefit the community.

Tops + More magazine and Charcoal BBQ paved way for new income for Bison Relations, my partnership with my fellow employees make this a worthwhile venture knowing full well we are doing what we all do best and enjoy. Hence, we all strive for challenges.

As for parenting, it has its greatest pleasures. The love we share, communication (which can be improved more), my patience and understanding indicates that we will all be fine. Our journey into a peaceful lifestyle will only enhance each and everyone of us. My life is full and 2011 has been good to me.

2 comments:

Bon said...

We're always improving :) Love you.

Bon said...

We're always improving :) Love you

$7M Shortfall - TP Administration Facing Cuts

Its not rocket-science to know that a government looms with a budget shortfall. It happens with every administration and the Torres-Palaci...