Monday, August 31, 2009

A taste of solitude

It was not long ago when I imagined my childhood upbringing. It was hard, difficulty at its best that one would endure. The essence of molding a young boy soon to be man at his young age had dreams, big dreams that may have been impossible to reach. As young as I was, I remember the lifestyle that enhanced my understanding of believing in yourself, the joy of accomplishment and the demise of torment. I've longed for peace at mind, I wanted a good taste of solitude.

Years have passed me by and yet I still see myself in this ever-changing world eager to challenge what comes my way. I push, struggle, defeat or get beaten by my very actions. The lessons that I thought I have learned have only been a phase of what's ahead and that one day, all will come back to test my patience, my understanding, my character, but now as a man.

Tonight, a night like every other night, I find myself in complete solitude. A calm serenity fills my heightened desire for peace. Favorable noises I've become accustomed to. A cooling sensation of an air conditioner keeping the room temperature just the way I want it. Stay like that...Keep me cool...Help me to relax... and so it has, I sink into the bed, fluff a pillow and shape it nicely where I can lay my head with comfort. Just a few sounds lingering in the background, yet soothing. I am in a solitude state of mind, I am experiencing solitude at its best.

3 comments:

bigsoxfan said...

Solitude has it's benefits, but after awhile; a scream in the night combined with the arrival of a small warm body then quieted by the familar warmness of mom and/or dad, makes solitude a pale comparison.
I get your point, but the anonmyitiy hotel rooms suck and I've never really enjoyed AC. Hope you make it home soon.

oakleyses said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
oakleyses said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

$7M Shortfall - TP Administration Facing Cuts

Its not rocket-science to know that a government looms with a budget shortfall. It happens with every administration and the Torres-Palaci...